Thursday, August 13, 2009

9 months and counting!

Amelia turned 9 months on Sunday and it seems like she knows 1 year is not to far away.

She has been doing so many new things lately and I have been so exhausted! I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last update. I think about what I want to say, and then I'm too darn tired at the end of the day to type anything.

Since Amelia started moving, she has not looked back. The entire living room is hers to walk around--still holding on for now, until she lets go to sit back down.

Today, as she was using the portable a/c for support, she started dancing to the music. I've seen her do this once or twice before but was never sure if she was dancing or just peed. Today, I was certain that her body was grooving to the tunes. This girl LOVES music!

Last month, on her 8 month birthday, Amelia cut a tooth. This month, she played her first game of peek-a-boo with Eric's parents who were in town for the weekend.



Along with all of the fun things that have been happening, comes the not so fun stuff. SLEEP or the lack thereof! Poor Amelia can't seem to get it together and it has been turning both of us into zombies! I *think* she might be teething, but a trip to the doctor tomorrow will say for sure. She has been so fussy at night and sleeping only a few hours. Last night was the worst so far. I think I went a little insane.

1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

Amelia has amazing dexterity especially for 9 months old, peek-a-boo, dancing and oh of course throwing her ball to you, she has small and large motor skills down to picking up the smallest objects, shaking and clanging together things no matter the object as long as she hears the music. Yesterday her dancing to the music was perfect and her hands waved with Mommy's and mine. She loves Music!!