Tuesday, June 9, 2009
7 months today!
I can hardly believe it has been 7 months since Amelia was born. This last month has brought so many changes that it seems much longer (and yet has flown by)! She's really learning how to crawl and has mastered sitting up. My favorite thing is her giggle and I can't help but laugh and smile when I hear it.
This week marked the arrival of the highchair. I had enough points on my credit card to buy that plus some bath toys, wooden percussion toy and a wooden "sort-it". I still have another 13k in points so I'll wait until the next phase to get some new stuff.
However, the highchair is really great (albeit kinda ugly...) as it lets Amelia see outside. She loves to look at the trees facing the living room window. From there, she can glimpse the squirrels, scrub jays, hummingbirds, and various other local birds who stop and perch on the tree limbs. Occasionally, I can get her to eat. We've now made it to pears. I've tried avocado, banana, sweet potato, rice cereal (which I can't really get her to eat at all!) and pears. Next up will be another vegetable--either carrots or butternut squash. I love squash so I might go that route.
It's certainly not always been easy. The main issue right now is sleep: to teach her how fall asleep, but mainly how to STAY asleep. I can see she's tired but there's nothing I can do sometimes to make her stay asleep, especially in the middle of the night.
I'm still breastfeeding and find it sooooo much easier now than just a few months ago. It seems like the supply has mostly stabilized (I still take fenugreek just in case) and it's just so much easier (at least to me) than bottle feeding. We don't have a dishwasher so all the bottles we do use have to be cleaned by hand. Additionally, all the pump equipment needs to be cleaned. When I nurse, it's just me and a hungry baby, sometimes a feisty baby at that!
She has taken to pulling my hair, snapping my bra strap, yanking on my necklace, kind of punching/slapping me in the chest and almost always tapping her feet. It's not always cute but I've gotten used to it and started wearing a necklace she can play with, pull on, and put in her mouth.
I've taken on a few projects and am thankful that my mom can come over and watch Amelia while I work. I am still trying to sort out my insurance BS from before she was born and have to have grandma watch her then too. I honestly thought I could finish it by the time she turned 6 months. Now I'm thinking maybe 6 years!!! haha
Labels:
feeding,
milestones. sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The lovely thing about being a grandma is that I can giggle and act silly when I am with your Amelia. I am so fortunate that I live close and am not working. A huge thank you to Allyson and Eric for allowing Grandma to be part of Amelia's life. Great exercise for grandma as well.. Ohh that giggle and those eyes
i love the pics of her--she's so serious sometimes:-) what a big girl. did i tell ya! didn't i tell ya that around 6-7 months it gets easier. wait until 1 year--it is SO MUCH EASIER. phew. of course there's tantrums--but i prefer tantrums to "i don't know what to do with a helpless infant".
Post a Comment