Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trip to NoCal

on the big girl swing with papa pushing

Amelia and I took a trip to Northern California two weeks ago. It was a long week, but well worth the effort! We stayed for two nights with Grammy and Papa Carney, then to Auntie Lara's house (amazing views to be had there), and finally, in Sonoma at the Westerbeke ranch. Each stop was fun for us, though I was really worn out by the end and needed a few days to recover.

The trip to Sonoma was the impetus for the trip because for cousin Jeremy's wedding. It was so beautiful and I think Amelia had a nice time at the ranch.

Our first two days were spent hanging with grammy and papa, going to grammy's office, and to the park. The park near her new office had a carousel as well as a little train we could ride on. Amelia loved the carousel and riding the horses. We each took a turn riding it with her.

Next, our stay with Lara had us first visiting friends in Novato, Violet, Yvonne and Kristen then in Petaluma, Summer, Tyler, Ava and Annika. Amelia loved hanging with the kids, especially the Tyler! I'm in for a world of hurt come 12-13 years... Our last night with Lara, an old friend from college and her family came over. Her son, Liam, who is 6, was a true sport playing with Amelia and humoring her when she would say, "boy, sit down here!" Again, cute now, now so cute in 13 years.

Amelia and Tyler looking suspiciously at the camera woman...

kids playing with stuff

Summer and Amelia are only 2 weeks apart!

and what is this an ad for?

playing with chalk

Our final stop in this whirlwind trip was Sonoma. Westerbeke Ranch was so magical--I loved walking the grounds and discovering new things each day. Friday morning I met my parents at the ranch and dropped Amelia off while my BFF, John, and I along with 20 or so of Jeremy's friends, went on 2 winery tours. It was awesome. I had been waiting and dreaming of the day for months!

Eric flew in to Oakland Friday night, though he didn't get in until late so missed wine tasting and dinner. Saturday morning, after breakfast, we explored the property and found fruit trees, a fun fountain for Amelia to play in, and yummy blackberry bushes. We all ate handfuls of berries and had stained smiles by the end.

Saturday evening was the wedding. Amelia was supposed to be one of the flower girls, but ended up being carried, by me, down the isle. She hadn't been sleeping well (shocker!) and wanted boobie (in a totally inopportune time!) I didn't even got to see the ceremony. However, my parents helped out and I got to eat dinner and have a glass of wine.

the wedding party

a fine family picture.. too bad Amelia wasn't smiling!

riding the wooden horsies

No comments: